How's Your Hearing?
Wondering if you have a hearing problem or need a hearing aid?
If you had a hearing problem, you wouldn’t be able to hear anything at all, right? Wrong.
Perhaps one of these scenes has become familiar:
Your family and friends are concerned about your hearing. You think they’re mumbling. Maybe you even think they’re nagging. But deep down you wonder if something might be wrong.You hear fine when you’re in the living room with your best friend or spouse. But at restaurants, work, church, and meetings, it’s harder to make out what people are saying.You’re starting to avoid people who don’t look right at you when they talk or you get upset at work when you aren’t sure what the boss asked for. Perhaps you don’t go to social events that you used to enjoy because people talk about uninteresting things while you just smile and nod.
Answer five easy questions:
- Are you sometimes unsure of what others around you have said?
- Do you wish that people around you would speak louder and more distinctly?
- Are you often asking family members and friends to repeat themselves?
- Do you have trouble hearing over the telephone?
- Do you have trouble following conversations in the presence of background noise?
If you answered yes to any of these, schedule an appointment for a hearing evaluation.
If you have hearing loss, it’s important to address it early and to understand what’s causing it.
Click here for essential information about hearing loss and how to overcome it.
Call (207) 747-4929 or e-mail email@example.com.
We’re always happy to answer questions or welcome you to our practice.